Welcome to Maple Knoll Communities
Maple Knoll Communities COVID-19 Update
Updated on March 30, 2020 @ 4:00 PM
Friends of Maple Knoll Communities,
we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and, in accordance with The Ohio Department of Health, World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control,, are continuously evaluating our policies, procedures and taking extra precautions. Because the health and well-being of our residents and employees remains our first priority, we continue to make extensive preparations, realizing this situation has an unpredictable path. Maple Knoll Communities’ Corporate Infection Preventionist will be coordinating all precautions, screenings, supplies, education, updates and communication related to the virus. We have implemented the following procedures and responses:
• Visitors and Resident Access: ALL VISITORS are now restricted from entering all areas of Maple Knoll Communities, including Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Independent Living Common spaces. In addition, all individuals are asked by the State of Ohio to shelter in place.
• All essential employees, vendors and other medical personnel will be screened prior to being allowed entry to our facilities.
• Delivery of meals will be provided to our Independent Living residents at their request. Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing residents will continue to have their needs met by our staff. Residents have been given essential information on accessing meals and other necessary items. Loved ones of our residents can learn more by calling 513.782.2500. You may also see updated occurances from around our campuses by visiting our social media pages.
We are committed to doing whatever is necessary to ensure the essential needs of our residents continue to be met. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work through what we deem is necessary to protect those living and working in our communities.
Coronavirus Main Contact: Aaron Steckman, Infection Preventionist
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 513.782.2731 (office), 513.365.9527 (cell).
We thought you would like to know that employees from every department have “stepped up” to assist with meal preparation and delivery, essential care, activities, cleaning and even taking the time to check in with our residents to assure they are doing well, both mentally and physically. Some of our efforts to assist these employees and residents have included:
· Providing free meals to employees during their shifts, including lunch and dinner.
· Restricting access to Independent Living Common Spaces, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing.
· Screening of all essential employees entering the building.
· Providing onsite childcare for both Maple Knoll Village and The Knolls of Oxford. We recognize many of our employees may have challenges in finding child care during this difficult time and therefore we have just been approved by the State of Ohio to operate a temporary child care center through April 6th or until we are notified it is no longer needed or an extension is granted. This service will be FREE to employees.
· Creation of a Pandemic Pantry offering numerous essential-type items that may be difficult to obtain as well as will offer some of these things for sale in the café.
· The Employee Appreciation Team has been visiting all areas providing snacks, thank you’s and small tokens of our appreciation.
· Employees have been reassigned as needed- for example: wellness center employees providing activities in nursing, maintenance and housekeeping assisting with meals, screening and activities.
· Continuation of meals and activities in Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing by implementing new programs which allow for 6 feet of social distancing and educational opportunities to stimulate each resident.
· Assistance with Skype and Facetime for residents in all levels of care.
· Working on the creation of a Pen Pal program between MKV and TKO IL residents.
· One on one resident activities such as delivery of snacks, flowers, care packages, games and puzzles.
· Addition of 24 hour programming on our resident television station which includes movies, exercise classes, prayer groups, Ted Talks, trivia, meditation and more.
· Delivery of meals provided to those in Independent Living by request and at no additional charge.
· Resident assistance with Kroger grocery ordering and delivering via telephone.
· Offering of essential grocery items, such as bread, milk, eggs, cheese, cereal and cleaning products via door to door delivery from our café.
· Promotion of request for letters and well wishes for our residents.
· We are currently in the process of finalizing our resident family member app which will allow all family members to access information similar to our current resident app.
You can be instrumental in limiting your risk for exposure and/or spreading the virus by;
1. washing your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub/sanitizer (must be 60%+ alcohol) for as long as it takes you to sing the “Happy Birthday” song TWICE
2. covering your mouth and nose when coughing/sneezing
3. disposing of used tissues immediately (don’t leave them laying on surfaces)
4. maintaining your distance from those exhibiting symptoms
5. avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
For updates on areas that have community spread or travel restrictions please refer to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html.
Our main sources for Coronavirus Information and Guidance continue to be The Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and Ohio Department of Health (ODH). Maple Knoll Communities’ Corporate Infection Preventionist will be coordinating all precautions, screenings, supplies, education, updates and communication related to the virus. Maple Knoll Communities will continue to provide all necessary operational support to respond to an outbreak, and abides by the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control’s standard recommendations to prevent infection spread.
Maple Knoll Communities, Inc. is recognized as a growing provider of outstanding senior communities and services that allow those we serve to thrive in a stimulating and dignified environment. This will be accomplished through creativity and responsible fiscal stewardship.
Maple Knoll strives to deliver the best lifestyle possible through its comprehensive options, amenities, and services. Maple Knoll strives to create the best time in life for its residents, clients and members
The history of Maple Knoll Communities, Inc. begins in 1848, when a group of concerned citizens of Cincinnati witnessed the untenable situation of elderly persons without families. Led by Mrs. Lydia Beecher, the stepmother of Harriet Beecher Stowe, this benevolent group created a home for these individuals and planted the seeds of what would become LifeSphere.
The history of this organization is a legacy of service to the community and to the welfare of older adults. Click Here to View a timeline that begins in 1848 and continues through today.
Maple Knoll Village
Maple Knoll Village is a non-profit continuing care retirement community, owned and operated by Maple Knoll Communities Inc., with a history of morethan 170 years of serving older adults. Located on a beautiful 54-acre campus, our community offers 143 villas,137 apartments, 61 assisted living apartments and a 145-bed...
The Knolls of Oxford
The Knolls of Oxford is a non-profit continuing care retirement community, owned and operated by Maple Knoll Communities Inc., with a history of more than 165 years of serving older adults. The Knolls of Oxford is a Continuing Care Retirement Community located on a beautiful 85-acre campus. Our community offers villas, assisted living apartments and skilled...
Affordable Senior Housing
Affordable senior housing is a special program implemented by the federal government's Housing and Urban Development (HUD) office. Seniors who qualify for Section 8/202 housing named after the section of the federal legislation authorizing it - have access to rental housing specifically for people over the age of 62 who have incomes under 50 percent of the area...
For more information on any of our communities please call 800.789.6008
Maple Knoll Outreach Services for Seniors
Maple Knoll Outreach Services for Seniors is a focal point
in Southern Ohio for programs designed for older adults.
Our mission is to stand as a foundation for older adults to
live their lives with independence and dignity for as long
as possible in their own homes.
Services were previously offered through Sycamore Senior
Center which no longer exists as a functioning center for
older adults. Vital Sycamore Senior Center programs...
Village Home Health and Hospice
Village Home Health and Hospice is a joint venture
between Maple Knoll Communities, Inc. and Cedar Village.
Both non-profit organizations have a long history of
serving older adults dating back to 1848 for Maple Knoll
Communities and 1883 for Cedar Village.
Village Home Health and Hospice Care was established to
further both organizations' missions. Dedicated and talented
staff provide skilled home health services to enable...
Maple Knoll Outreach Services for Seniors Maple Knoll Outreach Services for Seniors is a focal point in Southern Ohio for programs designed for older adults. Our mission is to stand as a foundation for older adults to live their lives with Maple Knoll Outreach Services for Seniors is owned and operated by Maple Knoll Communities, a nonprofit organization with 170 years of experience serving older adults. Maple Knoll Outreach Services for Seniors is located on the Maple Knoll Village campus in Springdale, Ohio just near Tri-County Mall.
Our outreach services support homebound senior citizens throughout the community. These services include providing transportation to community centers, to medical appointments and to therapy visits. We also provide a volunteer driven meals on wheels program that delivers over 300 meals each day to the homebound elderly in 17 communities.independence and dignity for as long as possible in their own homes. Services were previously offered through Sycamore Senior Center which no longer exists as a functioning center for older adults. Vital Sycamore Senior Center programs...
Maple Knoll Outreach Services for Seniors Serves Hamilton County residents from the communities below.